School Bus Rules
Rider Behaviour (excerpt from Transportation Policy and Procedure Manual, Jan 2016)
LCES Bus riders are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is in keeping with the faith values of the LCES community acting in a manner that is faith affirming, positive, pleasant and makes others comfortable while riding our buses. In that respect, we expect the following from our riders:
- Above all else, riders will strive to behave and conduct myself in a way that is in keeping with someone who is a follower of Jesus.
- Riders will be polite and respectful in my behavior at all times, trying to build others up.
- Riders will not tease or bother other riders, even that which is disguised as “just having fun.”
- Riders will not use physical or emotional aggression of any kind.
- Riders will not make use of any object that could injure another rider.
- Riders will not engage in any behavior which makes other riders feel uncomfortable or threatened, whether physically or emotionally.
- Riders will not make any rude gestures at other riders or at people outside the bus.
- Riders will not use offensive language of any kind.
- Riders will not make hollering, screaming, or other sudden loud sounds all of which are potential safety hazards.
- Riders will not yell out the window even to call out to or get the attention of friends, even when the bus is not moving or in a loading area.
- Riders will respect the property of other students.
- Riders will not vandalize the bus in any way.
- Riders agree that when I eat and drink on the bus and will be careful not to spill and if they do have a spill, they will do their best to clean up any messes they make. They will not chew gum on the bus.
- LDCSS students will not leave the grounds of LCES or disrupt the classroom activities of LCES during the transfer time between “shuttle” and my regular bus route.